Report to: Catering Manager
Hours flexible between 7.30 and 3pm. 30 mins unpaid break. Term time only (39 weeks per annum)
Bucks Pay Range Bucks Pay 1B 6: Hourly rate £10.18 including holiday pay.
Main purposes of the post:
You will be a key team member who will contribute to the day to day function and running of the catering department. You must have a flexible approach to work and be able to help out with any aspects of the department as requested.
Specific duties of the post include the following:
- Food preparation & simple cooking tasks
- Assist with food organisation to ensure that primary school meals are prepared by 10am and BHS service times are ready to operate
- Ensure that all deliveries are correctly put away and packaging is disposed of
- Ensure high standards of food presentation and display
- Operation of a cashless catering systems
- Serve customers
- Set up all service areas and keep stocked throughout the day and replenish lockable service fridges for next day service
- Daily cleaning of kitchen/service areas and weekly deep clean of kitchen
- Control food wastage by rigorous portion control
- Strictly observe food hygiene, health & safety regulations
- The duties of the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character or the level of responsibility. Duties will be reviewed annually.
- Have a ‘can do‘ attitude with a flexible and positive approach
- Commitment to the job
- Enjoy a challenge
- Highly organised and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Committed to the schools ethos and high expectations
- Able to be self motivated to work under pressure
- Willing and able to unpack boxes and carry heavy items, with the appropriate aids
- To carry out any other duties reasonably associated with this post.
- Training will be given where appropriate but previous experience in catering is an advantage
- Every member of staff is expected to show respect to their colleagues and to understand and adhere to the School’s value of dignity at work
This job description will be subject to regular review and the school reserves the right to amend or add to the duties listed in line with the position. All appointments are subject to DBS check and there is a 6 month probationary period.
To apply by email: Please email your completed application form to Steph Sullivan via mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by post/hand: Please post/hand your completed application to Jo Barnes, Beaconsfield High School, Wattleton Road, Beaconsfield, Bucks HP9 1RR
Closing Date for applications: Open
Interview Dates: TBC
Afternoon Receptionist - Part Time
Appointment: January 2021
Salary: Bucks Pay Range 2.11; £10,258 Pro rata per annum (equivalent to £19,856 FTE per annum)
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 12:30 to 17:00
22.5 hours per week, Term Time only (39 weeks)
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing date for applications: 9th December 2021
Interview date: w/c 12th December 2021
Beaconsfield High School is an Ofsted designated Outstanding Girls’ Grammar School (2019) that prides itself on its happy, high achieving learning community offering exceptional breadth in learning, knowledge and teaching.
An opportunity has arisen to work within our support team in the role of School Receptionist in a job share with the Morning Receptionist.
As receptionist, your role will be vital and varied. You will be the initial point of contact for incoming phone calls, visitors, students, staff, and enquiries and, as such, must be well-presented with a professional, friendly approach. You will contribute towards the smooth running of the school, fulfilling the school’s commitment to a high quality of service, and will promote and embody the school’s ethos.
What qualities are we looking for?
- friendly, flexible, proactive and positive with a clear capacity and desire to work well with the staff, pupils, parents, school governors, school visitors and other stakeholders
- able to provide confidential, efficient and effective administration support for the school
- an ability to work under pressure, particularly in the event of situations where liaison with emergency services, transport companies etc. is required.
- an effective communicator and team worker with an excellent attention to detail.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please complete the application form and explain how your skills and experience to date meet the attached Job Description.
To apply by email: Please send your completed application form to email@example.com
To find out what makes us tick, visit https://www.beaconsfieldhigh.bucks.sch.uk/ or find us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
If Beaconsfield High sounds like the right school for you, please complete the application form and covering letter via the TES link or our own website and email to: Recruitment@beaconsfieldhigh.bucks.sch.uk
Beaconsfield High School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all our students and staff. The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified teachers regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.