Careers education and guidance
Helping our students make decisions about their future!
At Beaconsfield High School we aim to prepare our students to go on to higher education, apprenticeships or to skilled employment and to enable them to make a significant contribution to society. The Careers Education and Guidance Programme is integral to this. The aim of the programme is to help students make their decision about their future. We do this by providing opportunities for students to:
- Increase self-awareness and understanding of their own skills and competencies
- Gain an understanding of the world of work and
- Develop their career management skills
We do this in line with delivering the Gatsby Benchmarks, the framework for good careers guidance. For more information about our policy and strategy, please refer to our . The careers plan for the current school year can be found here.
We welcome visits from providers of technical, further education and apprenticeships, please refer to our policy here.
At Beaconsfield High, Zahara Sattar has overall responsibility for careers and Karen Wray is both the careers lead and our independent careers adviser. To contact the careers team please email: CareersLeader@beaconsfieldhigh.bucks.sch.uk.
Careers Blog - coming soon!
In the new year, you will be able to access Mrs Wray's Careers Blog which will contain more detailed information and current opportunities, useful for both students and parents.
Work Insight Day 2024
Year 10 Work Insight Day is planned for 16th January 2024. On this day we are asking parents/carers of Year 10 students to support their child in a Work Insight Day: a parent, a family member, or a trusted family friend can facilitate a workplace experience.
Useful documents and links:
- Information sent to parents in November 2023.
- Parents can complete the booking/permission form here.
- Students are expected to complete the Student Handbook here.
- If employers would like more information about Work Insight Day, please share this document.
- Feedback form – for whoever supervised student to complete after the event, please them to fill in this document.
Online careers support
To support students we subscribe to eclips-online.co.uk.
Below are some useful careers websites where you can search for opportunities, explore careers and apprenticeship opportunities and gain experience with local businesses.